Sunday, July 19, 2009

Counting the days

Did you see Diane's poem in the comments of my last post? Diane, you're good with food and words. :)

Did anybody follow Andy's link there? Oh my, this site will get you writing ... or else! I stopped typing for just a couple seconds and it started shouting obnoxiously at me. Ha! You'll get words on paper in hurry in that lab ... not sure they'll be any good, but then again it's impossible to edit a blank page so it might be worth bookmarking. Thanks for that, Andy.

Hey She Speaks gals, are you ready? Almost ready? Not even close but hoping you'll make it to ready? I leave in about a week (team has to be there early) so I'm really counting down the days now. Speaking of counting the days ... let's make this one count.

If you sit down at set of sun
And count the acts that you have done,
And, counting, find
One self-denying deed, one word
That eased the heart of him who heard,
One glance most kind
That fell like sunshine where it went --
Then you may count that day well spent.

But if, through all the livelong day,
You've cheered no heart, by yea or nay --
If, through it all
You've nothing done that you can trace
That brought the sunshine to one face--
No act most small
That helped some soul and nothing cost --
Then count that day as worse than lost.

By: George Eliot (real name =Mary Ann Evans) 1819 - 1890

4 comments:

  1. not even close...but it's coming, isn't it?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is your birthday?

    I would have baked you a cake.
    Let me see, hum I know you gave up sweets until She Speaks. So we can make it ........
    Oh, heck
    I'll just bring the "smack your mama pie". tee hee

    Happy Birthday, enjoy those 30's girlfriend the 40's creep up on you and all of a sudden you are looking at your mom in the mirror!
    Hugs,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not ready yet, but I'm getting there. Regardless of my state of readiness...I am excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachel, I am almost ready... I think... until I read my stuff and want to edit it yet again. HeHe! Can't wait til the conference. I hope I will get to meet you in person. I am very much looking forward to what God has in store for this weekend!

    In Him!
    AmyT

    ReplyDelete

Chime in.