Thought I should pop in at my blog and at least post some highlights from my previous week:
- Taught a Next Steps coaching session for writers via conference call last night. Just between you and me (and the internet) ... it is surprisingly awkward to speak into a phone for an hour straight and teach something without being able to see or hear your audience.
- My daughter started middle school. After the very first day she came home complaining about her (perfectly skinny and fit) thighs. Does a body image complex come standard with the middle school math text or something?
- Started back teaching at the university. I love teaching fall semester at the college. It makes me want to put on plaid skirts and "brainy glasses." Looks like I have a good group of students this semester.
- My now deceased mother-in-law was delivered to my door step. Her wishes were to be cremated. She had already pre-arranged and paid for it. That much I knew. What I didn't know was that my hubby told them to deliver the results to our house. Being the only one home that afternoon I answered the door thinking it was a florist delivery. I had to sign for her. Surreal. Where do you set your mother-in-law??
- Have family in town. My sister-in-law from Great Brittan has been staying with us. (She married a Brit.) She's been enjoying the southern food she doesn't get there. It's fun to cook for someone who raves over every bite.
- My church moved from 3 services to 4. Yes, it's a large church. But small groups and serving make it live small.
- I've decorated for fall. Every year I wait too late to do it b/c it doesn't get cold around here until end of October. But not this year. The fall wreaths are out, along with the fall flag and gourds. Makes me smile, even if I'm walking past it in shorts.
- Also brought out my favorite fall candles like "Harvest" and "Spice, Spice, Baby" by Yankee. Then there is a soy one, "Vanilla Blossom," that sits on my file cabinet in my home office year round (see pic above). Got it on sale at Target about 3 years ago. I sooooo love it but can't buy it anywhere any more. I've even scoured the internet. So I only burn this like 5 times a year. Yes, I'm hoarding it. And sometimes I sniff it unlit. It's a sickness. If you smelled it you'd understand (maybe).
Hope you are doing well. And if you ever find a vanilla blossom soy candle, buy 10 of them for me and I'll pay you back!