Monday, February 15, 2010

Devotional Carnival - LOVE

Welcome - hope you had a heartwarming Valentine's Day.

My valentine-guy was at an academic conference in Florida Wednesday thru Saturday ... absence sure made this heart grow fonder. At least we had some snow to play in Saturday while he was gone.

I wondered if I should write a devotion on love and post it here today. I decided against it since the purpose of today's carnival is to hear your devotional thoughts on love.

Plus, I didn't want you to view mine as any kind of a model, but to feel free to write from your own heart, in your own style. So if you've posted a devotion on love - guidelines are here - I can't wait to come read it today!

Just click on the green "Mr. Linky You're Next" graphic below and a box will open for you to type in your name (or blog name, or devotion title) and the URL to your blog post (make sure you are entering the link to your specific post on love and not just your general blog address). Mr. Linky does the rest. *Clicking there is also how you'll find the links to read others' devotions if you just want to read today.



Put a link in your post to the carnival here, then make sure you leave a comment if you want to be entered to win a $15 Starbucks gift card. You know you want to win some latte love!

Finally, cruise around the links and read others' devotions. Maybe introduce yourself to them or let them know if their devotion makes you smile or touches your heart. And I do pray your heart will be touched afresh today. ~ Thanks for participating. ~

PS. Be sure and come back tomorrow for the P31 Whirlwind Giveaway Carnival - which by the way, requires no writing by you but a comment. :-) I'll be giving away "Bread for Life" and my P31 teammates each have terrific prizes planned as well.


Thankful for friends who open their hearts and share their thoughts with me online.

26 comments:

  1. Thanks Rachel for his opportunity- May someone be blessed by my post. Look forward to coming back later in the day to be inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweet friend! I am wrapping up an Esther study on my blog, so my view on love might look a bit different than your other writers.

    As my trusted editor I know you will love me and my grammatical flaws ;o)

    Momma Lu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi rachel..

    Blessed Valentine.

    I wrote my entree on valentine eve.I did not see your post till now.

    I dont have a verse for the entree but its definitely on love and I wonder if its still possible to join in.Let me know so i can include my name in Mister linky.

    I like this idea of your carnival devotion.

    Super creative!!!May the Lord grant you many more creative ideas always

    In the grip of His Love

    Sheena Jeremiah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Rachel. I love encouraging others in their walk with God. I pray that my post will be uplifting to your readers. God's unfailing love for us is all we need. Thank you for the opportunity. I cannot wait to read all the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for hosting the Devotion Carnival! :) Looking forward to taking some "Faith Rides" and taking in the sights!

    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your latte love comment cracked me up, because I almost wrote a post called "A Latte Love", but changed my mind at the last minute.

    Thanks a latte for having this carnival! Have a grande'. (grand day!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to get a chance to extend Valentine's Day and start our week reflecting on love!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Rachel, for the opportunity to encourage others through this Devotional Carnival. Looking forward to reading throughout the day : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for inviting us to "share the Love" with each other today. Love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Rachel....I've read all the blogs so far, but now must go to work! Will catch up later! This is a great idea and a great way to learn and make new friends. Again Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. quite interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Anon. Yes, please come follow me on Twitter. Or on Facebook. Would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for allowing a place to share devotions! I'm new to blogging, but not new to sharing my heart. I'm excited to share it with others and to be blessed in return by reading devotionals today. Thanks again and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've posted a cute devotional about my son showing love. Stop by when you have time.
    Glynnis Whitwer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for this opportunity. I am a closet writer, always afraid of failing but you were an answer to prayer. I plan to write about that and when I do I will share it with you.

    Thanks again for the blessing you are to so many people.

    Vicky Sharp

    ReplyDelete
  16. I appreciate this opportunity to share and to hear what God is saying to others, too! Thank you! I feel so blessed!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Rachel for giving me this opportunity,and for being an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was so neat! I passed it on to several of my friends. Thanks so much for doing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rachel and friends,
    Thank you for this place to think out loud!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad to have been inspired to share a devotion that has been on my heart for years. Thank you for all of your inspiration, Rachel!
    http://fourlittletomsandamom.blogspot.com/2010/02/dream-true-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rachel,

    Thanks so much for this wonderful opportunity...meant to comment earlier but said "puppy" is very sick and needed TLC today! Oh the joys of motherhood (every form!) Can't wait to read the others, I absolutely adore seeing God through the eyes (and keyboards) of others.

    Blessings to you this day, love to you and yours.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so cool Rachel...thanks for letting us share our hearts with each other in one spot. :) I had already had my post up and running by the time I read yours, but put it in today.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rachel-I worked on and off through out the day on my post about love...and the more I worked the more complicated it got. Isn't that just like love?
    I just wanted to say I like your devotion carnival idea!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, this is a wonderful give away! Being in a study with my wonderful sisters in Christ always gets me back on track but honestly, I've never been very good at studying my Bible on a daily basis. I'd love to win this Bible. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Carolyn
    Thank you for sharing your life and encouraging me along the way

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you, Rachel, for hosting a blog carnival. It was a lot of fun participating! Writing is my passion, and my blog is my outlet for that. My three children give me lots of material for blogs! Ha! Thank you for taking time to read my post yesterday! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Chime in.