Thursday, July 12, 2007

post ICRS conference "whiplash"


I returned home from the 2007 ICRS (christian book convention) yesterday in time to meet my kids after VBS. It was a great trip, but after 5 days away, I was aching to see my family. The kids and I spent the afternoon snuggling on the couch and reading the children's books I'd brought them. OK, so I dozed in and out of consciousness while on that couch but I couldn't help it. After a whirlwind trip of meetings, lots of new information, and plenty of fun with girlfriends I don't often get to see, I felt I had "whiplash" after coming home. I always feel this way after a big conference or big retreat. Its that I-need-a vacation-to-recover-from-my-trip feeling. But it was all so worth it. I'll post more later on my trip. Off to unpack and do laundry (my least favorite task).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in.