Friday, October 12, 2007

Understanding the Bible

I used to read a lot of Christian books but I rarely read the Bible other than in church. I figured this was fine because the books contained scripture. (True, but that's a little like eating only the grapes that are loose at the bottom of the bag and avoiding the ones that are still on the bunch.)

If you find it hard to understand the Bible, or feel like many sections of it aren't very applicable to your own life, then begin your quiet time by praying and asking God to give you a passion for His Word, and the wisdom to understand and apply it!

"Call to me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3

What a sweet promise from our Maker. Have you spent time with Him today?

PS - Those of you who asked about speaking blessings over your loved ones, I will address that in more detail in a post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in.