Sunday, December 14, 2008

Advent Day 14

When I think of Advent, I think of a big wooden door -- like maybe one found on a cathedral, or a monastery, or maybe just an old ancient inn. I imagine Jesus on the other side of it ... knocking. My heart beats faster. I imagine a key turning the lock ... I hear the lock release ... then I see the knob beginning to turn, and I know that it is the hand of my Lord turning it from the other side. I realize I'm about to come face to face with Him.

Can you feel the excitement ... sense the anticipation? That's what Advent is all about! Here is today's advent readings:


Luke 2:21 (NLT)
"Eight days later, when the baby was circumcised, he was named Jesus, the name given him by the angel even before he was conceived."

Isaiah 53:5 (NLT)
"But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed."

1 comment:

  1. He was whipped so we could be healed.

    How sad that I can't remember this when I choose to my own way.

    ReplyDelete

Chime in.