Wish you could exchange Valentines with Christ today? Try this. Slip out of your seat, and ease to your knees. Quiet your spirit and close your eyes. Take a couple deep breaths. Then declare to Him your love. Appreciate His sacrifice. Marvel at His majesty. Tell Him how strong your desire is to be close to Him. Pause in silence and let His affection wash over you. Let His presence enchant you.
Isaiah says, "Your God will rejoice over you."
Want a more tangible way to show Christ your love? Follow this link and joyfully take the opportunity to care for Him as He describes in Matthew 25:34-40.
In Appreciation of You
Here's my way of showing my love for you - sweet friends, readers, Yahweh Sisters. Leave a comment today and you'll be entered to win this girlfriend's gift pack which will include a Valentine card from moi to you.
a cute "french" journal, some candy hearts, and
Plans for Tonight
Got any special plans for today or tonight? Rick and I plan to eat at home tonight, then maybe go out for a movie (The King's Speech), or maybe just for dessert (something chocolate or key lime). Here's what I'm thinking of making us ...
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Alfredo
1-2 Chicken Breasts
1 Red Pepper
2 cups Heavy Cream
2/3 cups shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp Garlic minced (or you can use powdered to taste)
Pinch of Sea Salt
Basil or Parsley leaves for garnish
1. While grilling the chicken, roast the red pepper on the grill. Just place it on the grill and roast until the outside is completely charred black. Then put it in a mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap to steam itself. Set aside 5-10 minutes.
2. Run roasted pepper under cold water until you've peeled away the charred skin. Slice and remove seeds. Puree into a paste in a food processor or blender.
3. Start water to boil fettuccine, angel hair or spaghetti. (I use Barilla Plus or Dreamfields brand.)
4. In saute pan, over medium to med-high heat, warm the red pepper paste, heavy cream, garlic and salt. Reduce, about 6-8 minutes. Stir the shredded Parmesan in slowly.
5. Either add the noodles into the sauce, or top the noodles with the sauce. Add sliced grilled chicken breast on top. Add an extra sprinkle of shredded Parmesan. Then garnish with a parsley or basil sprig.
6. Serve with a tossed salad and crusty bread. (I make the salad ahead and buy the bread that morning.)
7. Light candles and put on some Michael Buble singing Georgia.
If you don't have plans for tonight you could make this for your child, some neighbors, or your girlfriends. Or even put some worship music on and let Christ be your date.
Then again, if Rick were out of town, I might just order in some pizza, take a bubble bath, then climb in bed with a good novel. Either way, all is well.
Because we are God's beloved.
cute card waiting to be addressed to you